- Boil potatoes & steam the sauerkraut on top, together with a handful of raisins.
- Mash the potatoes, mix in the raisins, a bit of milk, some butter, salt & nutmeg.
- Mix in with the sauerkraut.
- Optional: Put the stamppot in an oven dish & sprinkle Gouda cheese on top.
- Bake on 200⁰C until molten & crispy.
Tastes nice with vegetarian gravy & sausages too!
Variations: replace sauerkraut and raisins with kale, endive or carrot & onions. This makes:
Stamp means mash
Pot means pot
This recipe is from the Netherlands.